Your questions and comments regarding this policy are welcome. For privacy-related issues, please contact us at:
256 Marginal St., Ste. 16C
Boston, MA 02128-2871
Attention: Jon Brideau, CEO and President
Email Communication: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who we are
Our website address is: https://worldteamsports.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We may collect information (including your name, address, telephone number, and email address) when you:
- Subscribe to one or more of our World T.E.A.M. electronic newsletters
- Enter a World T.E.A.M. program as a participant
- Donate money in support of a participant in a World T.E.A.M. program
- Donate to World T.E.A.M.’s general fund
- Purchase World T.E.A.M. branded products through our sister sites, worldteamsportsgear.org, and wtsevent.org
- Visit and re-visit our website through the placing of cookies that help us recognize you
We maintain the data that you provide us, along with a record of your purchases, in a secure database.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Using Information We Collect
At World T.E.A.M., we request and use personal information to carry out transactions you request, such as making donations, participating in events and posting comments to our websites. We may also use such information as cookies and IP information to fully understand your needs and provide for a better online experience.
Specifically, we may use your personal information and non-personal information for the following reasons:
- Enter your information into our internal databases for record keeping, reporting and data analysis.
- Create custom communications with you to obtain support, provide information regarding our events, and to request contributions.
- Send you our electronic World T.E.A.M. newsletters.
- Share information with third parties who assist us in managing our website and databases.
- Share information with partners who assist us with managing our events and programs. These vendors and providers help with functions such as fulfilling orders, managing data, processing donations, and marketing.
- Share information with third parties as required by law, or as a part of a legal process.
At our World T.E.A.M. Gear site, we want to provide you with the best possible shopping experience and fulfill your product orders exactly as you’ve requested. To do this, we collect information that allows us to:
- Process and track your order
- Provide the services you request
- Contact you about the status of an order
- Identify your product and service preferences
- Provide information concerning product recalls or products you have purchased
- Improve our merchandise selection and customer service
World T.E.A.M. does not share:
- Program participant and donor email addresses
- Program participant and donor telephone numbers
- Program participant information regarding personal disabilities without prior approval
Who we share your data with
World T.E.A.M. contracts with other companies to provide certain services, including event participant registration, donation processing, credit card processing, order fulfillment, and shipping. We provide these companies with only the information needed to perform services, and we work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. No financial information is stored by World T.E.A.M.. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than World T.E.A.M.. On rare occasions, we may disclose specific information upon governmental request, in response to a court order, or when required by law to do so. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for any marketing or commercial purposes.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
It is our intent to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you. We limit the information we provide to outside companies with whom we contract to only what they need to carry out their responsibilities. When you make a purchase, sign up for a program, donate to a participating athlete, request more information, or create an account on our World T.E.A.M., World T.E.A.M. Event, and World T.E.A.M. Gear websites, your transactional information is transmitted in a safe, encrypted format.